Thursday, February 7, 2008

Busting through

After years of lurking about everyone else's blogs, I've decided to give it a shot; I'm blasting through my reluctance to be public, but, I think it could be a healthy thing for me. I'm such a hermit.

But, oh, I do love fiber and color. My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was, um, maybe 6 or 7. Over all these years, I've left the knitting a number of times, always returning with increased obsession. Has the obsession grown with age? Or, have I just learned how to BE more obsessive as I age? Whatever it is, it makes me feel so great to watch the stitches move along the needles, or, as a newbie spinner, feel the fiber slide between my fingers onto the bobbin....



I'm not sure where to start. Being an ex-museum professional, my inclination is to document, from the beginning. Being an ex-museum professional, I suck at documentation on a personal level. I did great at work, but at home, no way! We'll see where it all goes, and if you're interested, follow along.

No comments: