Monday, October 26, 2009

asleep at the wheel?




I cannot believe it's been so long since I've posted here. It's not like I haven't been doing the fiber thing, I have. I suppose I've been distracted by great weather, house projects, work, and life. I'll try to catch up by recording some of my fiber activities. Probably most current first, easier to remember.


I've just sent off a package to afghans for Afghans(I should get a link on the sidebar, remember that). They requested garments for kids, so I tried to crank out a few. A little pullover vest, made from a bright yellow/orange singles, naturally dyed in Mexico, given to me by a good friend who was there. The free pattern wasn't really my first or second or third choice, but it was a quick knit, no seaming really, and that's what I needed. Hmm, I can't seem to find it, I'll add later. remember! The teal colored vest is one of my earlier handspuns, Rambouillet/mohair blend, very soft, but hairy. Also a free pattern, "Tryst" from Classic Elite. It's supposed to be a cropped vest, and I think it will be cute on someone who needs to be warm this winter. Finally, I have a larger vest I made for someone, it turned out WAAAY too small, and I decided to donate it as well. It will be put to much better use in Afghanistan than by someone here who really doesn't need another warm garment. Pattern is from Cheryl Oberle's "Folk Vests", and is called "Stone Walls". Yarn used is Black Water Abbey Worsted. Very nice to work with, but not as soft as I would have liked.







No comments: