Monday, November 9, 2009

Bramblewooding along


I love vests. I love to wear vests. Usually, they're cardigan style, but I'm trying something new. Perhaps knitting one that will actually fit could be in my cards.


I selected Bramblewood from the Fall 2009 issue of Knotions(knotions.com).


I love knitting cables, but since the cable pattern is only 26 stitches, and only worked once on the front, once on the back, its a pretty quick knit. I'm using yarn from the stash, Butternut Woolens Sock Yarn in Dusty Grape. This sock yarn is much heavier than most sock yarns I've used- it really feels like knitting with a worsted. I'm using 7s to get gauge, and my hands hurt after an hour or so. I like the yarn, solid, practical, and it sure as hell won't pill! I'm actually close to my six inches below the armhole, where I start a bit of shaping- but this photo was taken not long after I joined everybody together.
I only have one problem. My neckline doesn't look anything like it's supposed to. I have feeling I know what I did, but quite honestly, I'm not sure I mind the way it is shaped. We'll see. At least it fits so far!

No comments: